Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

CPU usage jumps high constantly!

• Please log in to reply

Zomgshanked

Zomgshanked

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I have tried quite a few known fixes that could help my computer out with viruses and such but none have helped out my issue. My computer could simply just be getting old but lately it has been going to 100% cpu usage constantly, even while it's just idle. In my task manager it says svchost.exe (around 60,000 K) is the number one process that is taking up memory, followed by two chrome.exe's (around 40,000 K each) and then yet another svchost.exe (around 35,000 K). Games that I used to be able to play flawlessly are now a hassle to even try to play.
At times when I am using my browser my desktop icons will poke through it somehow, though they are unable to be clicked they still will pop through and I can see them.

OTL Log:
Spoiler

Advertisements