Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

server

• Please log in to reply

RomanSoldiers

RomanSoldiers

• Pip
  • 5 posts
if i put all my games on my server and then ran them from my gaming machine. would this work?? would i see latency??

Advertisements

todo

todo

• PipPipPip
  • 166 posts
i don't think this will work
as the network is slower than internal Computer computing speed

that if the Gaming machine getting the data from server and Computing it internally

other than that if the Games are extremely remote on the server and you are using your Gaming Computer as
a controller (all of the calculation are Getting Done in the server and Only the I/o is sent to your computer) in that case it might Work i don't exactly how you are going to do it
but you can use Vteam to Control the server IDK

i tried once remote desktop connection for Playing Games extremely remote On 100Mb network
it was very slow and uncomfortable and only old game ran on it

RomanSoldiers

RomanSoldiers

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
oh ok,
it was just an idea i was wanting to make one huge raid5 drive and store all info besides the os on it. but i guess ill have to split it up
thank you for your help

RomanSoldiers

RomanSoldiers

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
i suppose this would work for movies either then?