Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

stop 0x0000000a Memtest returns negative

• Please log in to reply

dare0021

dare0021

• Pip
  • 4 posts
Hi all,
First post, so feel free to point out anything missing I should include.

After around a year of using my computer with no problem, I installed a new set of duel channel RAM from G.Skill
I couldnt find the one I already had (666MHz at 9/9/9/24), so I went for a newer one (800MHz at 9/9/9/25) and plugged them in
Since then Im getting BSOD with error codes

PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA 0x50
MEMORY_MANAGEMENT 0x1A
BAD_POOL_HEADER 0x19
IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL 0xA
SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED_M 0x1000007E

In what appears to be in random intervals in random sequence.
The longest I went without one was around two days, while I once got a BSOD just 30 mins after booting.
I ran memtest since the new hardware seemed the most likely culprit, but memtest said there's no problem with any of the RAM.
After a bit of googling, I installed and ran WhoCrashed, and it says a driver called shareduserdata.sys is crashing the computer, but Im not sure what this is, and googling seems to suggest this is a Windows 7 service, not a hardware driver.

Also, since the errors seem include a paging error, I have Smart Defrag 2 from IObit running paging file defrag during boot time, but I've used the defrag software for a month or two with no problems.

Lastly, Im not sure if it matters, but I also installed XP as a duel boot on a different partition, same hard drive, also about a month or two ago.

Im rather torn between just doing a clean install of Windows (formatting the hard drive, erasing XP since I dont need it anymore), or solving the problem manually.

Sorry for such a long entry

Advertisements

Digerati

Digerati

Grumpy Ol' MSgt (Ret.)

• Retired Staff
  • 3,999 posts
  • MVP
Hi dare and welcome.

I installed a new set of duel channel RAM from G.Skill
I couldnt find the one I already had (666MHz at 9/9/9/24), so I went for a newer one (800MHz at 9/9/9/25)

Please elaborate. Are you saying you bought 1 stick of RAM? Or did you buy a pair of sticks?

If a new pair, did you add them to an existing pair, or replace the old?

Also, note that motherboards makers maintain QVLs - qualified vendor lists - for CPUs and RAM on their motherboard webpages. There are too many RAM makers and model to test and list them all, so you don't have to buy from the list to ensure compatibility, but you do have to buy sticks with the same specs. Did you do that?

dare0021

dare0021

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
The RAM I bought comes in sets of two, and I added the new ones while leaving the old ones still in place, so that the board now has 4 sticks now.
The two sets are from the same company, but have different specs (details are in the main post, 2nd Para)
As for a QVL, I cant seem to find one for my board, sadly

Digerati

Digerati

Grumpy Ol' MSgt (Ret.)

• Retired Staff
  • 3,999 posts
  • MVP

As for a QVL, I cant seem to find one for my board

And since you have not listed your board, I can't help you find it!

You might try just the new pair and see if they work alone, without the first pair.

dare0021

dare0021

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
sorry, the system is

Operating System:
Windows 7 Enterprise 64
System Specs:
i5 760k
4x2GB G.SKill DDR3 9/9/9/24
MSI GeForce 470GTX
Gigabyte GA-P55-USB3L

As for trying each set at a time, I'll try to do it when I get some free time, but not for a few days, I'm afraid
Thanks for the idea

Edited by dare0021, 09 October 2011 - 08:25 AM.

Digerati

Digerati

Grumpy Ol' MSgt (Ret.)

• Retired Staff
  • 3,999 posts
  • MVP
Note that Gigabyte, my preferred motherboard maker, is excellent at posting QVLs. Your's are here.

dare0021

dare0021

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Oh, thanks!
Apparently, the one I had from before is on the GVL, while the newer one isnt...
Will still check if its causing the problem though

Thanks for the help