Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Unable to uninstall Norton Internet Security 2008

• Please log in to reply

kgranger

kgranger

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I am unable to uninstall Norton Internet Security 2008. I tried using the Windows Add/Remove programs with no luck. I tried downloading the uninstall software and could not download the program. It directed me to a site that could not be displayed.
Please help!

Advertisements

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,780 posts
Hi kgranger and :)
Have you checked the actual Norton folder which should be listed in program files, there should be an uninstall option available there but if not try this https://www-secure.s...n=1&pvid=f-home

NB: Just a FYI never use the Add/Remove programs option for software if there is an uninstall option available or there is no other way as it can cause system instability when traces of the software are left behind which then cause conflicts with other software and in particular other AV programs.

kgranger

kgranger

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
I looked and could not find an uninstall program. I also tried to download the file from the link you suggested. When I click on download file, I get Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage.

When I use the Windows add/remove program to try and remove Norton, it's gets hung up finding "directory01,txt"

Any suggestions?

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,780 posts
Try this http://www.nortonremovaltool.org/

When I use the Windows add/remove program to try and remove Norton, it's gets hung up
finding "directory01,txt"

This sounds like part of Norton has already been uninstalled and may explain the absence of the uninstall utility.