Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Blue screen of death

• Please log in to reply

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Unclick the two Adobe entries and follow the below to get rid of that CTFMON entry.

Download, and run CTFMON-Remover: http://www.gerhard-s.../ctfmonremover/
The CTFMON-Remover helps you removing the annoying CTFMON.EXE from your Windows operating system. The program is easy to use and displays whether the CTFMON.EXE is installed and running or not.
If it was found then you can remove it within seconds. Just in case that you need the CTFMON sometime in the future there is also an option to restore the original one.
Note:The CTFMON.EXE is among other things responsible for changing the language schema of your keyboard (e.g. for switching between the German and English keyboard layout).
So in case you are using this feature you shouldn't remove or disable the CTFMON.EXE!
NOTE. CTFMON.EXE is not a threat, but unnecessary startup, which can't be disabled in any other way.

Advertisements

Canary

Canary

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 161 posts
Brilliant - thanks again.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Anymore Blue Screens happened yet?

Canary

Canary

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 161 posts
Hi - there were a couple of blue screens during the installation of the new drivers, but they seemed to have sorted themselves out when I rebooted.

And since I've completed the updates, everything seems to be going swimmingly.

I'm assuming that this means everything is sorted?

Thanks very much for your assistance - you guys are great!

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
No problem and I will continue to monitor this topic for a couple more days. If you could please update me in a day or two as if the system is working correctly I would very much appreciate it. :)

Canary

Canary

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 161 posts
Hi - I've got more problems now, with the laptop proving almost impossible to charge. It never rains but it pours, doesn't it?

But I've done a bit of research and I think I'm going to need a professional to re-solder the motherboard to the AC adapter, if that makes sense . . .

But the initial problems seem to have all been sorted out, thanks, and I've not had any more blue screens.

Once again, thanks very much for your time and hep - it's most appreciated.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Thank you for the update to the original issue and I hope the charging issue is straightened out quickly for you. With that I will say:
Congratulations Canary. :yes: for a successful resolution for your issue.

I'm glad we could help and please let us know how everything works out for you.
If there is anything else we can do to help please feel free to ask. I appreciate that you allowed us to assist you with your issue and for your patience.
Thank you for choosing GeeksToGo for help. :) :)
This issue now appears to be resolved.

If other members are reading this and have a similar problem please begin a New Topic and someone will assist you as soon as possible