Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Computer turns off by itself

• Please log in to reply

pzh

pzh

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 80 posts
Now all time i try open a program ( chrome , xfire , wtv ) it gives me an error from windows but if i close the error like 100 times it opens , even in chrome when i switch tabs it gives an error. When i turn on pc after welcome thing , i have some errors like those

http://imageshack.us...emttulohyt.jpg/

Advertisements

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Do you have Drivermax installed? If not then download it and see if it finds the video driver needs updating.
I am beginning to suspect a motherboard issue here with all the problems.
Is your video built onboard as I don't remember if you told me before.

Download DriverMax and have it scan your system. It will open their website with all the out of date drivers you can update. With the free version you can update only 2 drivers per day so if you have a lot of them it will take a few days to get everything updated. I have been using it for about 4 months now and like it better then any other utility out there for keeping my drivers up to date.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
That is your video card drives causing the error. Both of them start with NV in the actual file name which indicates Nvidia which is a video.

pzh

pzh

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 80 posts
Well i formated pc and installed Windows 7 has it was impossible to use pc , as all programs i oppened it was giving me error , well i put cd on cd driver and pc dont turn off but it didnt detect Call of duty 4 CD

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
OK are you saying the previous images in post 91 are from when you inserted COD cd?

pzh

pzh

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 80 posts
No no no , the ss i posted in post 91 were when i had Windows XP , so i did format PC and now i have Windows 7. And im saying now the driver problem dont exist anymore , but it dont detects the cd i put on it

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Go HERE and scroll down till you see the two icons that look the same that say Fix it with the guy holding the wrench tool.
You want to click the one that says Enable Autorun and let it run. The fix should not take but a few seconds. When done try your cd again.

pzh

pzh

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 80 posts
Well i think it really fixed my problem becuase now pc dont shuts down , and it detects the CD :yes:

I guess problem is solved :)

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Lets give it a day and a couple of reboots before saying it is resolved for sure.

pzh

pzh

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 80 posts
Yeah its better .

Advertisements

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Better or it is working correctly? :)

pzh

pzh

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 80 posts
It is normal atm :)

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Ok based on that then we will consider this resolved. If the issue returns just post back here and we will continue. In the meantime I will say Congratulations. :yes: for a successful resolution for your issue.

I'm glad we could help and please let us know how everything works out for you.
If there is anything else we can do to help please feel free to ask. I appreciate that you allowed us to assist you with your issue and for your patience.
Thank you for choosing GeeksToGo for help. :) :)
This issue now appears to be resolved.

If other members are reading this and have a similar problem please begin a New Topic and someone will assist you as soon as possible

pzh

pzh

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 80 posts
Thank you very much for all your help , it took sometime , but seems solved atm

pzh

pzh

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 80 posts
I have bad news , pc is shutting down randomly

4 times in less than 1 hour

Edited by pzh, 23 October 2011 - 02:40 PM.