Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Blue Screen

• Please log in to reply

buckman

buckman

• PipPip
  • 29 posts
This is what I am getting on my Dell Dimension E520 running Windows XP:

Blue screen with normal problem has been detected. Suggest you check to make sure new software and hardware properly installed. Continues disable said software and hardware. Disable BIOS memory options such as caching or shawdowing.

Technical Information:

STOP: 0x000000F4 (0x00000003,0x85FB6D08,ox85FB6E7c,0x805D29B4)

Beginning dump of physical memory
Physical memory dump completed.

I can not reboot in safe mode or disable BIOS although from research the disabling of BIOS caching or shadowing seem to be ancient history.

Can anyone help?

Matt

Attached Thumbnails

• screen shot.jpg

Advertisements

Macboatmaster

Macboatmaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,237 posts
This is the error, as you know from the BSOD

Bug Check 0xF4: CRITICAL_OBJECT_TERMINATION
The CRITICAL_OBJECT_TERMINATION bug check has a value of 0x000000F4. This indicates that a process or thread crucial to system operation has unexpectedly exited or been terminated.

This is likely to be either a driver issue Have you that you know of recently updated any drivers.

Do you have any driver update software on the computer. For instance a program from something called DriverDetective will offer to automatically detect out of date drivers and install new ones. THESE sort of programs frequently install the wrong driver. It is not apparant until you Shut down and reboot that there is then a problem.

Have you installed any new hardware The Dell Dimension E520 is a desktop is it not.

Alternatively it may be a memory issue-are you familiar with the inside of the case and the location of the ram.

WILL the computer load Windows in any mode.

Do you have the XP CD.

Did you experience any other problems prior to the BSOD for example, Windows freezing and not being able to shut down as normal and forcing a shut down on the power switch.

Edited by Macboatmaster, 16 October 2011 - 01:29 PM.

buckman

buckman

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts
This is a desktop. I had not added any new software or hardware. I do not have a driver update detection software available. I do have a XP CD. When I turn on the computer it opens normal and proceeds to the XP screen like it is operation normally. Then it goes to a CKDSK blue screen and says the volume is dirty. It proceeds through it's checks does some deleting, repairing and recovering of some files. I have included the screen shots for your review. After the system has completed it's checks it attempts to open to my desktop. I can see my wallpaper but I am greeted by an immediate error message. I have included that screen shot also. If I choose either OK or Cancel it goes to the blue screen I included in my initial post. If I do nothing it goes to that same blue screen within 1 minute.

I had no issues with freezing, etc. prior to this situation.

Matt004.jpg 007.jpg 006.jpg 008.jpg

Macboatmaster

Macboatmaster

• 7,237 posts

Alternatively it may be a memory issue-are you familiar with the inside of the case and the location of the ram.

If you ARE familiar with working inside a computer - and know what I mean by anti-static precautions - IF NOT PLEASE DO NOT PROCEED, I will give you further advice

Open the case, take the precautions, look at the ram, if there are two sticks, take out the one located to the right, depending on the location of them, but usually the one furthest away from the CPU.
There is no need to replace the side of the case.
Boot the computer see what happens now.
If NO good. Power down of course. Take ou the other stick and replace it with the one you took out first and now try.

IF YOU DO NOT KNOW for certain how you remove ram etc and how it is fastened in the slots with the clips DO NOT try this please until further advice is posted.

buckman

buckman

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts
I'm going to attempt this. Give me a day or two to get back to you.

Matt

Macboatmaster

Macboatmaster

• 7,237 posts
Will wait to hear from you.
As I said if you need additioanl guidance you only have to ask

buckman

buckman

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts
Thank you for all your help. I had to reformat this computer.

Macboatmaster

Macboatmaster

• 7,237 posts
Result posted at my request from thread here

http://www.geekstogo...__fromsearch__1

buckman
Thank you