Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

windows xp BSOD driver_irql_not_less_or_equal

• Please log in to reply

xp-user

xp-user

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I have an old (from 2002) dell dimension 4400 desktop pentium 4 with BSOD: driver_irql_not_less_or_equal stop 0x0000000d1 (0x00000000, 0x00000002, 0x00000000, 0xf76c342f) idechndr.sys address f78c342f base at f76c3000, datestamp3bd89065. When I try to boot to safe mode, I get as far as select operating system then it goes back to same blue screen. I am wondering if using the debugging mode will help? I also have the original OEM reinstallation cd but am not sure if I should use that because I am hoping I can somehow recover whats on my hard drive. Any help or insight is appreciated!

Edited by xp-user, 16 October 2011 - 08:47 PM.

Advertisements

skifxr

skifxr

• PipPipPip
  • 222 posts
You can try a repair install. http://www.geekstogo...air-windows-xp/

Why don't you do regular backups?

Macboatmaster

Macboatmaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,237 posts
On the F8 screen try VGA mode
Posted Image

If that will not work try a chkdsk. As you cannot get into Windows you ned to run chkdsk from either abootable CD otr floppy if the computer has a floppy drive OR from the Recovery Console.
The dell disk will probably not include the recovery console

Run this one on a floppy or CD.
The CD is an iso image so read the instructions carefully please.
http://support.wdc.c...2&sid=2&lang=en

Edited by Macboatmaster, 16 October 2011 - 01:51 PM.