Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Corrupt dmboot.sys! I'm Pulling My Hair Out!

• Please log in to reply

Letish

Letish

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hey Guys,

My apologies if you this has been addressed anywhere else but I have been battling with this problems for weeks now.

I have an old PC I was using as a backup and unexpectedly became my main PC. It is a PC I built years ago and was building up bit by bit. It was originally all IDE but then I upgraded to a SATA motherboard Asrock 2Core1333-2.66G. The case still had two IDE DVD-RW drives and two IDE 160GB HArd Drives.

As there was only one IDE slot on the motherboard I had both hard drives in but not the DVD's. I decided to burn a CD one day and thought it would be simple to switch the IDE cable over and that was where my troubles began.

I got the Blue Screen of Death and haven't been able to shake it. I have tried to re-install Windows but that also freezes and restarts. I am getting nowhere and it's driving me crazy.

When I try to load Windows normally the screen pixelates on the XP logo and freezes or I get the BSoD stating>>>>

PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA

dmboot.sys – Address F730CE9E base at F7305000, DateStamp 4802549d

When I try to re-install from the CD the computer restarts. Please, please, please say you can help. You will have my eternal gratitude. I have even tried putting in a new hard drive and re-installing on that, moving the DDR II chip to a different slot, resetting all bios settings to default nothing is helping.

I hope you can help.

Fingers crossed.

Letish

Advertisements

Letish

Letish

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
BTW I have removed all PCI cards etc and tried booting from USB and not using the DVD Drive. Still getting the same result.