Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

pls help BSOD on a new PC! (tcpip.sys & athrx.sys)

• Please log in to reply

HansDons

HansDons

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Ok guys I've got a problem with BSOD on my new PC and I don't know what causes it or how to deal with it. If anyone can help me out would appreciate very much.

my PC specs:
processor: -INTEL COREI5 2500K 3.1G 6MB BOX
Mboard: -ASROCK P67 EXTREME4 (B3) GEN3
video-card: -Gigabyte GTX 560 Ti (GV-N560OC-1GI)
Ram: -CORSAIR 8GB (2X4) DDR3 1600 CL9 VENGEANCE CML8GX3M2A1600C9
HD: -SSD CRUCIAL M4 128GB
PCI-Network card: -TP-LINK WIRELESS PC CARD 300MBPS
Cooler: -SCYTHE MUGEN 3 SCMG-3000
Power Supply: -COOLER MASTER SILENT PRO M600
Case: -FRACTAL DESIGN DEFINE R3 BLACK PEARL USB 3.0

It's running on: WIN 7 Ultimate x64 SP1

Description of the problem:

I just got a new pc and installed win7 on it. Everything seemed fine until I started to use the internet. I am getting BSOD's mostly when I use Utorrent download program. However I have also got a BSOD when just playing League of Legends and talking through a mic on windows live messenger. I'm using a BlueScreenView program to view the reports afterwards and most reports say Caused By Driver: athrx.sys. These reports in particular emerge when I use the Utorrent program. But I have also a report saying Caused By Driver: tcpip.sys.

Update: I've read that athrx.sys is associated with the Atheros WLAN card, but since I was using TP-LINK (yes I know it's a funny name) and NOT Atheros I figured it wasn't caused by my TP-LINK card. So I looked in Device Maneger and found that for some reason my pc shows another network device by the name of Realtek Family PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet Controller. I figured it must be an on board LAN adapter and since I don't use one, I disabled it thinking that it must be somehow associated with the Atheros driver. But then I was still getting the BSOD's and my hopes of finding the cause again plunged. But as I am writing this post to you guys I wanted to be thorough and enlist all my pc specs. So I went to the manufacturers website where I bought my pc and checked all the correct names for for all the specs, and much to my surprise the description of my TP-LINK network card states among other things Chipset: Atheros. So I am guessing that TP-LINK uses Atheros technology? :)

bellow I is a link to all the dump files.
My link

Hope someone can help me out, pls pls pls anyone help me would appreciate SOOO MUCH!! :yes: Thanks in advance to all !

Cheers,

Hans!!

Edited by HansDons, 16 October 2011 - 06:21 PM.

Advertisements

zep516

zep516

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 8,093 posts
Hello, and welcome to Geeks to go !

It's running on: WIN 7 Ultimate x64 SP1 (from piratebay :) )

If I have read the above comment correctly and you are running pirated software we are unable to provide any assistance to you. Please see our Terms of Use specifically item #3p as quoted below.

The posting of links or references to warez or any other type of illegal software is strictly forbidden. By doing so you risk having your user account terminated without warning. We will NOT help anyone we suspect of having obtained their software or services illegally.

HansDons

HansDons

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Hi,

thanks for the reply but I have not posted any links to warez groups, the link is to 2shared where I uploaded the dumps. What I meant was to say that I am running torrent from piratebay on my pc. "Pioneer One" to be precise. I want to emphasize it because the errors occurred mostly during downloading via utorrent. But now you mention it I think it is kinda misleading so maybe it's better i delete it. I thought it's better to be very specific on the details so it's easier for people to figure out the cause. Anyway thanks for the heads up!

Hans