Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

floppy diskette seek failure

• Please log in to reply

dontaco

dontaco

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts
Ok,so I hook up the ps2 keyboard and basically go thru the previous steps? Here we go.....My bad, everything is usb Rshaffer61.Now what,sorry bout that.

Edited by dontaco, 24 October 2011 - 09:33 PM.

Advertisements

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
What does everything is USB mean?
If the keyboard is changed to PS2 then the tapping of the correct F key or combination of keys should get you to the bios or the setup screen whichever it is called on your system. They are the same thing just some systems call it bios and others call it setup.

dontaco

dontaco

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts
What i meant to say was,all the ports are usb:keyboard wireless with rec' usb,there's no pin ports.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Wow that is going to make it harder then.
Can you get a picture of the back of the system or post the exact make and model of your system please.
You have already stated in the beginning it is a Dell but what make and model as I can check the specs on it.

dontaco

dontaco

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts
Ok it's a Dell Dimension E310 BIOS version AO4 xp 2005

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
I found your manual HERE and you are right there are no PS2 connectors. Seeing that tapping the key to enter the Setup or Bios is not working, I highly suspect the USB keyboard is not initializing on bootup.
Now you stated these are USB but wireless so that may have something to do with it. Do you have a wired USB keyboard you could plug in and try? The wireless may be the issue that is not initializing correctly and a wired keyboard may allow you to enter the bios]setup area then. :)

dontaco

dontaco

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts
Rshaffer61,I want to thank you for all the time you have put into my problem.You solved it though,it was the wireless keyboard.Borrowed my friends,booted her up and banged f2 f12 and bingo.Im so impressed with your commitment.Thank you again :)

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Floppy disk error now resolved and everything booting up correctly now for you?