Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Outlook 2002

• Please log in to reply

loveflorida

loveflorida

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Before turning off my system last night, I checked my email and everything was normal. This morning, I could not access anything (email, calendar, contacts, tasks). Everything is gone. I am able to send and receive new email. Any idea on how I might fix this mess? Thanks!!!

Advertisements

Guse

Guse

Visiting Staff

• PipPipPip
  • 624 posts
I'm not sure right off hand what would cause your Outlook to purge itself, but you can go (in Outlook) to File -> Date File Management -> Add to see if another .pst is out there.

Try that first, and if it doesn't work (which it very well may not) we can try other things.

loveflorida

loveflorida

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
The plot thickens!! I spent a couple of hours working with Microsoft, and they could not resolve the Outlook data issue. After failing to resolve that problem, I started looking at everything on the system, and found that every word processing document, spreadsheet, picture, etc. is corrupted. I opened MY DOCUMENTS, and pointed to several of them to see when they had last been modified. Every one was changed at 00:19 in the morning. At that time, the only thing that was running was Webroot Window Washer. Apparently Window Washer clobbered every bit of data files that I have. I contacted Webroot and they had me copy all data files to C/Ds and take them to another computer to see if I could read them. That exercise proved that everything is corrupted. I tried looking at some pictures that I have backed up on a C/D, and was able to view them without problems. The previous day, I had installed Service Pack 2 to XP. I did not have any problems until after running Window Washer some 24 hours later, so I doubt that Service Pack 2 has anything to do with it. Anyway, I am at a loss to know what to do next. Any ideas would be appreciated.

Guse

Guse

Visiting Staff

• PipPipPip
  • 624 posts
That really sucks.

It sucks even more that I don't have any clue what would cause that or how you can save your stuff.

Sorry, man, and good luck. Hopefully someone else here can help you.