Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

New to Web Design

• Please log in to reply

jale1966

jale1966

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hello All

I am going to Kaplan University in Networking Administration. A few terms ago I took Introduction to Wed Design and I liked it very much. I want to know what the next step would be where I can learn more on my own and with help with the internet, I do have Dreamweaver and Notepad++ and a bunch of Adobe products. All the class taught was HTML and XHTML and CSS. I want to take it to the next level and want to find possible a free web host or at least kind of cheap until I learn more and get a good one. So if anyone knows of any good web hosting and web design that can help me to take it to the next level please let me know.

Thanks

Dale

Advertisements

i3urn

i3urn

• Pip
  • 1 posts
For website hosting i would go with namecheap. There cheap and have great 24/7 support.

Edited by admin, 19 October 2012 - 09:55 AM.

disberg

disberg

• PipPip
  • 21 posts
Hi Dale

Web Designing is really cool and you have already learned what you need to go with XHTML and CSS. For Free webpages to play with Google and Yahoo offers these as well as Google also will give you a free blog page is you would like to do that.

Hope this helps.

disberg

saltedm8

saltedm8

• Pip
  • 4 posts
learning xhtml and css are just the basics, now you need to update your knowledge to catch up with today's standards, for example css 3 and html 5.. To survive in the commercial world you will need to be very proficient in css and html so practice makes perfect, once you are up to scratch with those move onto jquery and a server side language like php.. learn those and you will have the knowledge needed to create a professional site.

todo

todo

• PipPipPip
  • 166 posts
Get Books an research Online also if you Like video tutorial
Lynda.com and Other companies have a Great Web design education
you can also Look in w3schools

Agli

Agli

• Pip
  • 1 posts
One thing that was great for me was some YouTube tutorials. They really are great once you get into the right sources. Also check into some tutorial sites, they are excellent. The thing that will help you the most is experience through trial and error. The more time you spend learning the faster you'll get better. Designing websites is very dynamic and just takes you getting as much vast knowledge as possible and bringing it all together in one place.

Edited by admin, 19 October 2012 - 09:55 AM.

virtous

virtous

• Pip
  • 8 posts
My reply comes a little late, srry about that!

If you only want a place to practice your webdesign skills and don't really need or want people to look at it then you can use XAMPP. It's free :) Use XAMPP and you don't need to buy a webhosting server.