Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

FLICKING HORIZONTAL LINES ON COMPUTER LCD DISPLAY

• Please log in to reply

chump0

chump0

• Pip
  • 9 posts
I have looked everywhere online for an answer regarding my problem, but have yet to find one. Lately my LCD display for my computer has been getting these thin black horizontal lines that flicker on and off across the screen. They come and go randomly, but once they do start flashing on and off I seem to get them more when I am scrolling. They are very annoying, and I just want to get rid of them. Please help. Thanks.

Advertisements

Digerati

Digerati

Grumpy Ol' MSgt (Ret.)

• Retired Staff
  • 3,999 posts
  • MVP
It sounds like the monitor's inverter is going but before jumping to conclusions, you need to verify if it is your monitor or the computer/graphics card. And the best/easiest way to do that is to swap monitors with another computer. If the problem follows your monitor to the 2nd computer, you know the problem is in the monitor. If it stays with your computer and happens with the 2nd monitor, you know you got a problem in your computer.

But first, makes sure the monitor's data cable connectors are securely fastened.