Jump to content

Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works


  • Please log in to reply



    New Member

  • Member
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
I have looked everywhere online for an answer regarding my problem, but have yet to find one. Lately my LCD display for my computer has been getting these thin black horizontal lines that flicker on and off across the screen. They come and go randomly, but once they do start flashing on and off I seem to get them more when I am scrolling. They are very annoying, and I just want to get rid of them. Please help. Thanks.
  • 0




    Grumpy Ol' MSgt (Ret.)

  • Retired Staff
  • 3,999 posts
  • MVP
It sounds like the monitor's inverter is going but before jumping to conclusions, you need to verify if it is your monitor or the computer/graphics card. And the best/easiest way to do that is to swap monitors with another computer. If the problem follows your monitor to the 2nd computer, you know the problem is in the monitor. If it stays with your computer and happens with the 2nd monitor, you know you got a problem in your computer.

But first, makes sure the monitor's data cable connectors are securely fastened.
  • 0

Similar Topics

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

As Featured On:

Microsoft Yahoo BBC MSN PC Magazine Washington Post HP