Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Blue Screen error STOP 0x0000008E 0xc0000005

• Please log in to reply

raptorjesus

raptorjesus

• Pip
  • 9 posts
Greetings, recently i was infected by annoying forms of malware that masquerades as an anti-virus and holds your PC hostage,OpenCloud Security, which i removed by booting up in safe mode and running malwarebytes, no problem, BUT, now every time i try to boot my computer normally, i'm met with the dreaded BSOD and the above message mentioned in the title. i can't even make it won't even make it to the desktop, as soon as it's done loading, instant blue screen! Runs in safe mode just fine, but i'm clueless as to what even the cause is. i've heard at least 100 different possible causes from rootkits to faulty RAM, but i'm not sure what is the primary cause. Any and all advice is welcome. If you would like any further details, i'll be more than happy to describe in detail. Thanks in advance!

Advertisements

SRX660

SRX660

motto - Just get-er-done

• Technician
  • 4,345 posts
See if you have any minidump files in the C>Windows>Minidump folder. If so then download Nirsofts bluescreenview program and run it to see where your problem is.

http://www.nirsoft.n...creen_view.html

Post the problem programs in bsv here if you can't find out anything with a google search on the programs causing the problem.

This may be gobble-de-gook to you , but here's the 8e error.

http://www.carrona.o...html#0x0000008E

SRX660

raptorjesus

raptorjesus

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
Checked the minidump folder, it's empty... so far, of all the scenarios i read, faulty RAM and the Haxdoor virus seemed the most applicable, but i've run some RAM tests and so far no errors have been found and i've went through the registry attempting to locate all of the Haxdoor files, but found nothing. It seems i went through the entire list of what to search for, but nothing turned up, so i'm willing to eliminate that unless anybody else has any other ideas, but for now i'm flat out stumped, but thanks for the help, or in advance for whatever other advice anybody can offer.