Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

WIll It Blend?

• Please log in to reply

Mustakrakish

Mustakrakish

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Evening all :yes:
Planning to build a desktop mainly for gaming. and maybe as a decoration for my room.
Kinda bent on getting the Corsair Graphite Series 600T Black case :)
Aiming for a Black/Blue Color Scheme
2500k for overclocking in the future. so i can keep up without having to get a new rig. Hopefully.
Anyway, here is what i found interest in so far..
Will It Blend?

-

CPU : Intel i5-2500K
Heatsink : Cooler Master Hyper 212 Plus
Motherboard : Asus P8P67 PRO (Rev 3.1)
Graphic Card : ASUS GTX 560TI
Memory : CORSAIR Vengeance 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model CMZ8GX3M2A1600C8
HDD : Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB
SSD : Crucial M4 64GB
DVD : Black DVD-RW Drive
Power Supply : FSP Aurum GOld CM Series Modular 650W , or something from corsair
Case : Corsair Graphite Series 600T Black

-

Here is what i have so far..

Monitor : 20" LED
Keyboard & Mouse
Headphones .. So no need for speakers... for now at least

Advertisements

Digerati

Digerati

Grumpy Ol' MSgt (Ret.)

• Retired Staff
  • 3,999 posts
  • MVP
I recently had a build with one of those cases and it was great to work with. Cable management was nice, keeping cables out of the air flow. And the two monster fans moved plenty of air. And blow hole fans (fan on top of the case) are very effective. They are big - 20" tall however and with a blow hole fan, be sure you allow top clearance. And being steel, they are pretty darn heavy once loaded with components. I really like how it is not all flashy and lit up with lights. I personally don't like cases that draw attention to themselves - as I tend to pay attention to what's happening on my monitors and I expect a case to sit quietly and discreetly off to the side.

My one big complaint, and for me, it's a biggy - especially since this is a big, heavy case - is it does not have removable washable air filters. This means you will need to lug the system outside (preferably) more often for cleaning as those fans will draw in a lot of dust with all that cool air too.

Wise choice selecting a quality PSU that is 80-Plus certified. :)

While the warranty may not be a concern for you, do understand that using a 3rd party cooler on Intel or AMD CPUs that come packaged with supplied heatsink fan assemblies violates the terms of the warranty.

Also, with 8Gb of RAM you must use a 64-bit OS so make sure you specify 64-bit.