Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

need a new gaming pc

• Please log in to reply

tigerwood

tigerwood

• Pip
  • 1 posts
anybody got any suggestions of where to buy a good gaming PC found a couple of sites so far scan and Build your box, anywhere else?

Advertisements

Digerati

Digerati

Grumpy Ol' MSgt (Ret.)

• Retired Staff
  • 3,999 posts
  • MVP
Hi Tigerwood and welcome.

I will assume from your links that you live in the UK so if anyone comes in with more suggestions, they need to keep that in mind.

I live in the US, so can't help much. You did say the purpose of this machine will be gaming, but you also need to set a budget. I will say this, do not try to cut corners on cost by buying a cheap power supply. A quality supply from a reputable maker is essential for stable operation so the PSU is one of the more critical purchasing decisions. However, it must be one of last too because you need to size your PSU based on the power requirements of the other components, in particular the CPU and graphics solution.