Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

annoying extra step in XP...

• Please log in to reply

Daredash

Daredash

• PipPip
  • 26 posts
Hello!

I re-installed my XP Home Edition and discovered that it functions a bit differently than before. The annoying thing I would like to get rid of is the additional step in the shut down process. For example, previously I was able to click on Start-Shut Down, and there would be a screen with three options (Restart-Shut Down-something else). Now I click on Start-Shut Down, and a window appears with a drop-down menu which I don't dig. Also, previously I could press CTRL-ALT-DEL and get Task Manager window to popup immediately; now, it gives me a separate window with many other options which is an unnecessary extra step. I must have changed something in my options somewhere.... Any ideas would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!
Daredash

Advertisements

skifxr

skifxr

• PipPipPip
  • 222 posts
Control Panel > User Accounts > Change the way users log on and off > Use the welcome screen

Daredash

Daredash

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts
Thanks a lot! It worked!