Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

New Gaming Computer is running bad, whats wrong?

• Please log in to reply

Leathershredder

Leathershredder

• Pip
  • 1 posts
For not so long ago i bought a new gaming computer, built it with a friend of mine, installed a legit windows 7 64bits and the newest grafic drivers. Everything seems fine and i try to run 3Dmarks, and its as it should be but when i came to the physics test i got very low fps. I read somewhere that this is a bug on the 3Dmarks End, and not on my comp so i stop worry about it. I got into Age of conan and maxxed it with around 60 fps.

But as i play on i dont seem to be able to get the "low physic test" out of my mind and my suspicion grows.

Now and then when i start mozilla or entering a folder it lags a bit. At the beginning when i played conan i could no longer play with shadows because i got this intense lag, even with the newest grafic drivers, but now i even get very bad Fps drops to around 20~30fps and i don't get whats wrong (even when i play on lowest graphics) ive also tried to play The witcher 2, but since it doesnt seem to support SLI, i can't really compare with it : S BF 3 realse is tomorrow, and i really want to be able to play it, please help out!

Here is my new computer ;

CPU Core i5 2500K

Corsair 8GB (KIT) DDR3 [INET] 1600MHz/1.5V/XMS3

GK PCIe GB GF GTX 560Ti x2 SLI

PSU Corsair TX 850W V2 /80+ Bronze

MK MSI P67A-GD55 Socket 1155, P67, ATX B3

I got about 4 fans and a better CPU fan then the original. My grafic cards is running on 25~40C, but i dont know how to check on the cpu but could that really be the problem? Please help me to find out whats wrong : S (sorry for my bad english)

Advertisements

iammykyl

iammykyl

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 7,659 posts
Hi Leathershredder, Posted Image

but i dont know how to check on the cpu but could that really be the problem?

As you have fitted your own CPU fan and heat-sink. over heating can occur if the TIM was not installed correctly. The temp could slowly climb and reach a point where the CPU will start to throttle back to protect itself.

Consult your Mobo user manual, chapter 3, page 17.

CPU/ System Temperature, CPU FAN/ SYS FAN 1/ 2 Speed, CPU Vcore, CPU IO,
CPU SA, DRAM Voltage, 3.3V, 5V, 12V