Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Volsnap.sys BSOD error Safe mode not working

• Please log in to reply

beezly

beezly

• Pip
  • 1 posts
My computer gives me BSOD and the errors no page fault in none paged area, irql not less or equal, tcpip.sys, volsnap.sys and sometimes just a stop error it does this most. I am running Windows Vista Home premium 64 on a Touchsmart notebook and I have not added any hardware or software. Safe mode(network or command prompt) will not work, trying to use the restore point bsod and restarts, system recovery doesn't work. I cannot get into this computer to even remotely try and fix it if it can be. I'm not sure what I can do now it just will not let me in . Is my hard drive broken? My daughter was using it playing a game I installed and played well over 6 months ago and says that it just shut off. She said she thought the battery died but instead its just bsod and restarted.

Advertisements

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,780 posts
Hi beezly and :)
Do you have the Vista installation disk? If you do try running SFC (system file checker) "how to" @ the MS link
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929833 let us know how you get on or if you require further assistance.