Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Administrator rights issue

• Please log in to reply

Muzzammil Yasiin

Muzzammil Yasiin

• Pip
  • 1 posts
hello

i have an issue with administrator rights.... when ever i download a new software it prompts for administrator password which i dont have... i tried the following command in cmd:net user administrator /active:yes but the error which i am getting is System 5 error....for more help i am attaching the screenshot as well....

please reply soon and if possible mail me the reply on my mail id E-Mail removed

Attached Thumbnails

• Error1.jpg

Edited by Essexboy, 29 October 2011 - 06:29 AM.
removed e-mail

Advertisements

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,768 posts
Hi Muzzammil Yasiin and :)
BIOS or Operating System's passwords are there for the purpose related to Security and Privacy to protect the legitimate owner of a machine. While there are many locations on the Internet that might help you learn about managing passwords for a machine's BIOS or Operating System, we a G2G do not assist in what amounts to hacking past a machine's Security and Privacy safeguards.While such requests are often legitimate, and come from users who experience exactly the kind of problem that you post, we have no way of knowing this.

One suggestion I can make is for you to take the computer and proof of purchase to a Tech who can clear and/or reset the password.
Please be aware that a good Tech will not do this unless you have proof of ownership.

DonnaB

DonnaB

Miss Congeniality

• GeekU Moderator
  • 8,529 posts
If I may add:

i have an issue with administrator rights.... when ever i download a new software it prompts for administrator password which i dont have...

If this is your or a family computer that has multiple accounts created, and your account does not have Administrative Privileges then you'll have to speak with the person who controls the account that has Administrative Privileges.

Source:
I have my daughters computer setup with a limited account (no Administrative Privileges) so she can not download whatever she wants. Her account is not password protected, the Administers Account is so she can not change the settings.

:)