Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Outlook 2007 being accessed by multiple devices

• Please log in to reply

floorlizard

floorlizard

• Pip
  • 5 posts
Here is my issue...
I use several devices to access my E-mail. I use my phone, Ipad and laptop to access my e-mail when on the road and have them set to leave all messages on the server. I then download (and remove from server) to my desktop. This has all worked perfectly for me until now. I used to have a Palm Pre Plus. However, 2 months ago I had to replace it with a Droid 3 (verizon) due to touch screen failure. I now cannot access the e-mail server using my laptop or desktop (both running W7 and Outlook 2007). I get an error message stating that there is another device accessing the account. However, I get the same message when I turn the phone off (in theory, it wouldn't be accessing the account if it is off, right?)
I am using a POP3 account. It was suggested that I use IMAP instead. Although that did allow me to view my messages on both W7 machines, it caused other issues that proved not to be the answer. I have posted in some Droid forums and, other than the IMAP suggestion, have not had much luck. Can anybody here help???

Thanks!

Advertisements