Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Can anyone recommend a Monitor for me?

• Please log in to reply

corbek

corbek

• PipPipPip
  • 112 posts
Just bought and put together my new computer, bought all my parts from Newegg and got 2 defective parts. The original motherboard and one stick of the ram I got was defective! Returning the mobo made me also return the Processor, because I didn't want to buy and apply TIM.

I got everything running properly now, and while I was waiting for my parts to return I decided to buy a monitor, the Asus VE228H 21.5". Long story short it's defective too, I will play a bit and then the screen will go completely black. I thought it might be the hdmi port, so I plugged in the DVI, still bad, tried another monitor, that one works just fine so I know it is the monitor. I also decided I didn't really want it though, I am looking for something a bit better, somwhere between 100-220 dollar range. Hopefully larger than 21.5" too. Any suggestions? If you have any questions just ask.

Mobo: Asus Crosshair V Formula AM3+
GPU: SAPPHIRE FleX 100312FLEX Radeon HD 6950 2GB
CPU: AMD Phenom II X6 1100T Black Edition Thuban 3.3GHz, 3.7GHz Turbo
PSU: CORSAIR Enthusiast Series TX750 V2 750W
HDD: Western Digital Caviar Black WD1001FALS 1TB 7200 RPM
RAM: G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 2133
Monitor: Asus VE228H 21.5" *defective.

Here is what I am currently leaning towards, I really like Asus brand materials, they seem really dependable to me and have never let me down, but if there is another brand out there I would take recommendations.

Asus VW246H

Edited by corbek, 01 November 2011 - 05:11 PM.

Advertisements

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,768 posts
Does it have to be from Newegg? If not http://www.amazon.co...20187079&sr=1-3

corbek

corbek

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 112 posts
Well, I would prefer a faster response time because I plan on doing some competitive gaming. Also, I prefer Newegg, they have really good customer service, and are fairly quick with their deliveries.

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,768 posts
Then I agree with your choice of the ASUS for its cost, specs and free shipping.

corbek

corbek

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 112 posts
Alright, will wait a day or two see if anything pops up, then order it.