Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

KEYBOARD not working upon power up, EMAIL virus ~~~ PLEASE HELP

• Please log in to reply

shampton2

shampton2

• PipPip
  • 33 posts
Well, my kids have a virus on their computer. I think it's an email virus because it starts Outlook and all these 'Search' windows open. The keyboard is immediately disabled whenever I turn it on, and I can't go into Safe Mode because I can't get to arrow up. Other than sitting here and watching the Avast virus scan and manually closing Outlook each time it opens, is there anything you can recommend?

Thanks in advance (cringing when I think of how long that thing had been on and how many emails went to MY old contacts).

Advertisements

RKinner

RKinner

Malware Expert

• Expert
  • 24,625 posts
  • MVP
Try the AVG Rescue Disk:

Step 1 at: http://www.geekstogo...ystem-tutorial/

Ron

shampton2

shampton2

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts
I can't change the boot sequence. Will it work anyway?

RKinner

RKinner

Malware Expert

• Expert
  • 24,625 posts
  • MVP
No idea. Depends on the PC. What kind (make and model) is it? Is the keyboard a USB or wireless style keyboard? If so and there is a place to plug in the old style keyboard that would be what I would try.