Free help from tech experts
Welcome to Geeks to Go forums. Create a FREE account now to gain access to all our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing topics, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. Best of all, registration and all assistance is 100% free! This message, and all ads will be removed once you sign in.
Create an Account Login to Account

Dell inspiron touchpad and keyboard not working

• Please log in to reply

moc

moc

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I have just got my new inspiron n5040 delivered and started it up, but half way through the start up process the touchpad stopped working. Luckily I had a wired mouse which I connected and it worked. But then as I was loading the 'PC mover' software, which I bought with the Dell, the keyboard stopped working too... maybe I pressed something maybe the laptop is faluty.. I am using the virtual keyboard on the screen at the moment, but that's not a way to go, so would appreciate it if anyone had a similar problem and can help!