Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Printer for Label Printing query and HP 1000 whinge

• Please log in to reply

Bolomark

Bolomark

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I had a HP 1000 Laserjet printer directly connected to one computer but being shared by three other computers on a LAN. Then it stopped sharing. And so did its sister for yet another group of computers. And that is with the drivers being locally installed. So, now I have two HP Laserjet printers working only on the computers they are connected to. Not even my reliable local IT support could get them to share again. Somewhere between the Windows updates and other software updates, such sharing was lost. Freakily, the little devils will print only a test page from the adjacent computers. How good is that, they share only an XP Pro test page print.

That said, they were used to print labels. What I need is a recommendation for a printer that 1) does not end up with labels being stuck on the drum 2) doesn't cost as much as a house 3) is not huge 4) offers economical printing. I am thinking of maybe the printer should offer a direct path for the lables rather than curling around a lot of rollers. Any suggestions?

Thanks

Advertisements