Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Task manager disabled, OTL not loading

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

Essexboy

Essexboy

GeekU Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 69,964 posts
Yes del will work OK

Advertisements

Jan1959

Jan1959

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 255 posts
It has come up with 'access is denied'

Essexboy

Essexboy

GeekU Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 69,964 posts
Can you go to the second copy part and see if it will allow you to overwrite them

Jan1959

Jan1959

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 255 posts
Sorry for the delay in replying, it comes up with the message 'the system cannot find the path specified'

Essexboy

Essexboy

GeekU Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 69,964 posts
OK ta - back to the drawing board and to do some digging around

Essexboy

Essexboy

GeekU Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 69,964 posts
Hi I am afraid I have hit a brick wall and as of now can see no way around this problem

I do not feel it is now malware related but more probably a hardware/software problem

When you are in windows what are the current problems

Jan1959

Jan1959

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 255 posts
I can't get to the Windows screen. When I turn the laptop on, it begins normally with the manufacturer's name flashing up but instead of going to the Windows logo the screen goes black (at least it ins't blue!) and then that message WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\CONFIG\SYSTEM file is missing or corrupt comes up. No matter what I do I can't get past it, it just keeps looping back.

Is it time to give up? :)

Essexboy

Essexboy

GeekU Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 69,964 posts
The only alternative I can see is to try and reinstall windows via a USB cd drive, borrow one if at all possible as it is not something you will be using on a regular basis

I am sorry that I can not give you better news

Jan1959

Jan1959

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 255 posts
I do actually have one of these but the laptop won't recognise the USB ports despite changing the BIOS settings. I think that it's probably time to give up. I'll put it back together again and see if anything else happens but I know that there are loads of people out there waiting for your help so I don't want to take up any more of your valuable time on a lost cause.
Thank you so much for all your time and effort. I know that it's frustrating for you guys as well when there isn't a good result at the end. If something changes on the laptop (miracle) I will get back to you.
Cheers! :)

Essexboy

Essexboy

GeekU Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 69,964 posts
Please do - as I hate being beaten

Advertisements

Essexboy

Essexboy

GeekU Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 69,964 posts
Due to lack of feedback, this topic has been closed.

If you need this topic reopened, please contact a staff member. This applies only to the original topic starter. Everyone else please begin a New Topic.