Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Not receiving some Emails OE

• Please log in to reply

jazzy56

jazzy56

• PipPip
  • 91 posts
I noticed I stopped receiving some emails to my inbox, I use OE and have XP. Several days later I interrupted compacting emails by accident. I was able to recover most of those those I compacted. I need help solving my inbox problem.. I tried to use system restore and it would reset my pc but take all my emails and folders except for 4 of them. I ran Avira anti virus and it found 2 problems. I tried to add the senders of the emails to my address book and I still do not recieve them.. What is wrong.. Thank you

Advertisements

phillipcorcoran

phillipcorcoran

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,293 posts
Have you checked to see if they are in a "Junk Emails" folder (possibly one created by your antivirus email protection)?

Alternatively, if you also have web-access to that same email account, check the Junk or Spam folder on there as very often
legitimate emails are wrongly identified as junk by you email provider's filtering software.

jazzy56

jazzy56

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 91 posts
I do not see a junk or spam folder in my OE. How do I check my anti virus to see if it has a junk file. I am at a loss. I know I also am not receiving any facebook emails.. I was getting all my emails and then suddenly I only receive some..

jazzy56

jazzy56

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 91 posts
I did not understand the article, I am at a total loss. I have an account with ATT ( yahoo) and use OE. If am not recieving a lot of emails. Could I have exported them by accident or could my virus have something to do with this? Thanks

123Runner

123Runner

Member 4k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,527 posts
Do you have web access to the mail that is on the ATT server?
What virus scanner are you using so we may look to see if it has a quarantine folder?

jazzy56

jazzy56

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 91 posts
Thanks for helping. I do not know how to retrieve messages from ATT server, my messages show up on OE ONLY for this email address. I use Avira & malwarebytes

123Runner

123Runner

Member 4k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,527 posts
Try going to ATT Web email

jazzy56

jazzy56

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 91 posts
I went to ATT mail and it only had from present to October 31. I am at a loss.