Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Computer Wont Start Up

• Please log in to reply

Jube

Jube

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Until about an hour ago I was on my desktop computer, playing games and then just browsing the Internet. I then restarted my computer and it failed to start up again. It just gets to the motherboard screen where it asks me to hit DEL to enter set up or TAB for BIOS POST Message. It does not move on from this point

Advertisements

Jube

Jube

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
I resolved my own problem, incase anyone was worrying. Which I assume no one was

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
We're glad you managed to resolve your issue but adding a sarcastic remark was not needed. You started this topic 5 hours ago which being we are based in the USA is the middle of the night not many of us were up to assist you. You replied back less then 2 hours later saying you had resolved your issue yourself.
We're sorry we couldn't respond back in quick and timely matter for you but we are happy you resolved it.
Have a great day and thanks for trying. :)

Digerati

Digerati

Grumpy Ol' MSgt (Ret.)

• Retired Staff
  • 3,999 posts
  • MVP
In addition to rshaffer's comments about sarcasm, which I totally agree was unnecessary, I will add that the purpose of forums is to provide a place where everyone can participate, share, and learn. You came back to report you resolved the problem, but you neglected to report what was wrong, nor did you provide the solution. It would seem you simply decided anyone in the future with the same problem could just figure it out for themselves.

I am sorry none of our volunteers (and that is what we all are) were up at 4am to immediately help you. And I am glad you were able to resolve the problem yourself. But it would have been helpful, and proper forum etiquette, if you had shared the cause of the problem and the solution with us so others may have had the opportunity to learn from your experience. Sadly, you just wasted a good opportunity to teach, and your two posts were just a waste of everyone's time. :)