Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Google Chrome Downloading

• Please log in to reply

waynf

waynf

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,130 posts
In order to download Google Chrome BETA latest version, do I need to delete Google Folder in Program Files under My Computer?

Advertisements

skifxr

skifxr

• PipPipPip
  • 222 posts
No but what's in your Google folder? Chrome installs to Docs and Settings.

waynf

waynf

Member 1K

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,130 posts
In Google Folder the following are there: A sub Folder called "Crash Reports" and another sub folder called "Update" which in turn includes the following "Install", "Download" and one called "Google Installer"

skifxr

skifxr

• PipPipPip
  • 222 posts
OK. It seems you used the standalone installer for Chrome. There should be an entry in Add or Remove Programs. Go ahead and uninstall it before installing the beta but make sure to NOT check the box that says "Also delete your browsing data?". Then install the beta. It should install to Docs and Settings.

Posted Image

waynf

waynf

Member 1K

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,130 posts
I may have caused some confusion here by not being clear. I don't have Google Chrome or ever had it. I had the normal Google, but it was giving me problems with the cursor not blinking on the search bar, and posted the problem on here, but heard no reply, I assume I merely uninstall Google(excluding browsing data) and download Google Chrome Beta and install it in Documents and Settings.