Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

two things that drive me crazy

• Please log in to reply

islandcat

islandcat

• PipPipPip
  • 239 posts
Always learning from everyone on here. First, and I cant find a clear answer here, why do photos duplicate themselves? I dont do photos buy my daughter does and I notice some of her photos are, for example, copy 11?? Everytime shes tries to delete they automatically copy. I have noticed this on two other computers as well. Using different programs too. And how do you prevent this and get rid of all the copies.
Second, I am always cleaning my computer and when deleting programs find after if I type the program in search there are always files left behind. How can I get rid of old files that dont show up anywhere but in search?
Thanks again for any help.

Advertisements

Ztruker

Ztruker

Member 5k

• Technician
  • 7,091 posts
Copy duplicates: How is she deleting them? Does she select multiple photos using the mouse and keyboard then delete them? If so, it's quite likely she is dragging them while selecting. When you do this Windows thinks you want copies so starts doing so. It's happened to me many times.

Left overs: I recommend using Revo Uninstaller Free and use it to delete programs. It will get rid of left over registry entries and hard drive files. If you let it, Revo will also create a System Recovery point before it starts deleting. I turn this option off as I have other ways of recovering if something Revo removes causes a problem. I've never had a problem with Revo but some people have.

See here: How To Use Revo Uninstaller

islandcat

islandcat

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 239 posts
Thanks, I think what most people are doing is moving them into a file, that must leave a copy behind, when cleaning up I delete right clicking, but I have noticed while I am busy deleting copies are being made. I have found it best to delete painfully few at a time so will continue doing so and hopefully dont find more copies hiding somewhere. I have used revo uninstaller before so will download it again. Thanks.