Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

MW3 Crashing after hosting game.

• Please log in to reply

Laxmorz

Laxmorz

• Pip
  • 7 posts
I have played MW2 since release and my hosting has been absolutely fine and before MW3 came out I reformatted my computer and installed MW2 again and i've been having problems with my hosting ever since. Everything is fine until the game ends and it just hangs on a black screen and I cant even Ctrl + Alt + delete it, it forces me to restart. So now MW3 is out i'm having the same issue... if i'm not hosting the game it will work perfectly and doesn't crash. Its just after i'm hosting the match and the game comes to an end and crashes.

SPECS:

Windows XP Home Edition
Intel Core 2 Duo CPU E6850 @ 3.00GHz
3.50GB RAM
Nvidia 450GTS

I have recently updated all my drivers and it didnt seem to help. Any advice on what it might be?

Advertisements

MrPowner

MrPowner

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hello bro!I have the same problem with mw2.I've done everything I could but nothing helped.I wrote to the Steam support a few days ago and they could do nothing.I've already wracked my brains and I still have no idea what can it be.I've re-installed the game maybe 3 times,turned off Steam Cloud,updated all my drivers and nothing helped.Nothing at all.This problem happened maybe a month ago after entering some hacked server.I've been entering servers like that before and everything was fine,but now...At least now I know that I'm not alone with this problem(((