Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Cannot delete operating system

• Please log in to reply

lovelyangel1102

lovelyangel1102

• Pip
  • 1 posts
i have windows xp home edition which is really messed up for some reason so i downloaded windows xp professional but the resolution and everything is messed up so now i want to delete both and start fresh. i have a new windows xp with sp2 and i want that to be my only operating system. It won't let me format the disc and when i put the new professional edition the color and size is still messed up. what can i do to wipe out the computer and start brand new. help please

Advertisements

Murray S.

Murray S.

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,513 posts
  • MVP
Howdy and welcome to G2G:

First, boot into setup (BIOS) and make sure the first boot device is set to the cd-rom.. Now, put your XP cd into the drive and reboot..

You should get two options.. choose the one that states "boot from cd-rom"..

Now, just follow the prompts.. One option you DO want to choose is to remove all partitions first and then install XP..

Murray