Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE

• Please log in to reply

Spyderturbo007

Spyderturbo007

• PipPipPip
  • 760 posts
I did some Windows updates this morning on my home machine and when it rebooted, I got the error stating it had blue screened. I'm wondering if this is a one time thing that I should dismiss, or if I should just rip out the drivers I installed. I rebooted a second time and didn't get the error.

Here is a screen shot of the Bug Check from Blue Screen Viewer and the drivers I installed as Optional Updates. Also, it said the monitor driver failed to install, but when I go back and recheck for additional updates, it's no longer listed.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Advertisements

Digerati

Digerati

Grumpy Ol' MSgt (Ret.)

• Retired Staff
  • 3,999 posts
  • MVP

I rebooted a second time and didn't get the error.

I would reboot one more time and make sure all comes up fine. And if so, then I suspect you will be okay. If you do have a problem, I would boot into Safe Mode and go to System Restore and pick the Restore Point that was made before these updates.

Then you can reinstall the updates - but perhaps just one at a time for the drivers.

Note it is often better to update drivers in Safe Mode because only basic drivers are in use in that mode.

Spyderturbo007

Spyderturbo007

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 760 posts
I rebooted again, with no issues. I'll just attribute it to a random fluke. Thanks Digerati.

Digerati

Digerati

Grumpy Ol' MSgt (Ret.)

• Retired Staff
  • 3,999 posts
  • MVP

I'll just attribute it to a random fluke

Yeah. In my old radio maintenance days, we would call it "FM" - not FM for frequency modulation, the common term for FM radio. But FM for a certain type of magic! :)