Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Hp Pavilion Xt963 Won't Boot

• Please log in to reply

sanfranman

sanfranman

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I am working on a friend's pc and it won't boot up at all no beeps or anything. If it is the motherboard are they inexpensive to replace and is that the only thing that would need to be replaced?

Thanks

Advertisements

Smokey

Smokey

Member 1K

• Retired Staff
  • 1,423 posts
Welcome sanfranman <_< !

First of all, I would check to see if the power cord is connected to your cpu. If it is, make sure the power source is connected to the proper components. Please post back with the results :D.

tazz1964

tazz1964

• PipPipPip
  • 608 posts
hi
do you get any lights on the cpu can you hear any fans running if you do not most likely its your power supply is gone.
<_<

Smokey

Smokey

Member 1K

• Retired Staff
  • 1,423 posts
If you checked what I said to check, your power supply is the most likely culprit.

sanfranman

sanfranman

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Well of course it was plugged in and there is sound from the fan. I have figured it out to be a mobo prob. Already taking parts from it. My friend is getting a Dell.

admin

admin

Founder Geek

• Community Leader
  • 24,639 posts
How did you determine it was the motherboard? <_<