Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Firefox and msnm issues

• Please log in to reply

Nicole Wiker

Nicole Wiker

• Pip
  • 9 posts
One, I'm having multiple problems with Mozilla Firefox. I've done all updates on my computer, cleaned it, updated drivers and programs. Firefox will freeze whenever it wants to when I click to type words or while I'm typing or when I decide to scroll down a page. I shouldn't say freeze, more like its in a state of loading and if i click on anything during that time it will become unresponsive if i do it too many times then i have to force close with task manager. Also it takes FOREVER for firefox to even start up, sometimes it never does, it will show it in processes but not applications running so I have to force close and try again, because I could leave it all day at the point and nothing would happen. AND every time on different pages and on startup it gives me the unresponsive script problem. It gives me the option of canceling it or to continue, it's always random, but always on startup. Also my msnm will not work. My old one or the new one not even the online one when i sign into hotmail. It just keeps trying to connect but cannot. My firewall is not blocking it.

I hope someone can help me, it's very frustrating especially when I'm working, something that should take not long to find out takes hours!

Thank you for your help in advance!!!!

Nicole

Advertisements

zep516

zep516

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 8,093 posts

Firefox will freeze whenever it wants

What version of Firefox is it? To find out click help in the browser and choose About Firefox this will indicate the version #

You might try running Firefox in No add ons mode and see if that helps, if it does you would then need to troubleshoot to find out what add on is causing the issue by disabling them 1 at a time, add ons can often cause issues with a browser.
To start Firefox in no add ons mode:
In the top of the browser, click help in the window that opens "select" Restart with add ons disabled

Nicole Wiker

Nicole Wiker

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
It helped so far, after I started it up normally it then realized alot of the add ones were not compatible and disabled them itself. I still get the unresponsive script alot though where I never did before. My msnm is still not working whatsoever though sadly.

zep516

zep516

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 8,093 posts
Hi Nicole Wiker,

See if anything HERE helps.

Nicole Wiker

Nicole Wiker

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
Yeah, I had already been to that webpage and nothing has helped. Searched google for answers before coming here. Also my firefox is now back it the way it was again, a page can be completely loaded and acts like I've asked it to load something online when I'm just scrolling or typing. I had to add session manager add on too because every time session restore would come up it would be blank! And firefox will randomly crash without even admitting its crashed like it usually does when u start it back up, it acts like nothing happened which is very unusual, its never crashed much when i've used it and when it has it always used to do the apology thing when you started it back up again. Not anymore. It takes a whole day to do one simple thing on firefox lately, it's ridiculous.

zep516

zep516

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 8,093 posts
I agree it's ridiculous! Since Mozilla's rapid release program I have seen countless users with different types of issues. I use Firefox version 8 and always up-date to the latest version when it comes out and have never had issue with Firefox, except of course add on compatibility that I would expect. Have you tried to reinstall Firefox? If not perhaps that's a consideration.

Reinstall Firefox version 8 HERE