Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Internet not working...is it because of conflicting ip's?

• Please log in to reply

infected????

infected????

• PipPipPip
  • 152 posts
Hey guys, in a time of need i first think of this forum.

Since a few weeks ago my internet has been acting weird and i don't know what to do.
So here is my problem.
One moment im surfing the interwebs, the next my computer can't connect to the internet. Sometimes My sisters pc can, while mine cant. On other occasions i am downloading a file usin a program but my browser wont load a single page even if the program isnt using mutch bandwidth. i first noticed the problem when i tired to play minecraft. it wouldnt let me log in and play online, but i could via the website. I really dont know what to do and if maybe my router is acting up because having a few gadgets connecting to it. Other times the internet works for aminute stops working then i turn it off and on and it works again.
Yesterday a message poped up saying something about conflicting ip adress

Im using vista ultimate 65 bit, Belkin wireless g router model number F5D7230-4. http://www.belkin.co...d=5999&scid=221
What do u guys think i should do?
If you need any other information the the routers setting just tell me

BTW: i have been using the same setup for 3 years now and have not had this problem before.

Edited by infected????, 12 November 2011 - 12:36 AM.

Advertisements