Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Hotspot Shield file association problem

• Please log in to reply

2helpless

2helpless

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I am in China and am trying hard to find a way of penetrating the GFW. I downloaded two different versions of a VPN client called Hotspotshield. The problem that I get with both versions is that when I click on the icon to start the program, I get the error message: "This file does not have a program associated with it..." The file that the start icon points to is openvpntray.exe

I located this file and evem tried renaming it to something else with an .exe extensiom but still same problem. I have tried uninstalling, registry cleaning, and rebooting several times to no avail. This is not a problem with .exe files in general, just this one. It has probably been sabotaged by the government because they are going to great lengths to prevent any bypass of the GFW. Does anyone have any ideas on how to fix this? (please do not teply with links to pay vpn's etc.)

Advertisements