Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

My Keyboard quite working properly

• Please log in to reply

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Recently my PS/2 keyboard started making a strange clicking sound every time a key is pressed which i assume is coming through the monitor since my speakers are off and there is also a 5 second delay after I pressed any key before i could use that same key again. And now I have to hold down a key for about 5 seconds for it to even work. I've scanned for viruses many times since this started and came up with nothing. I've tried a USB keyboard and have the same problem. It works perfectly fine on the vista log in screen though. I also tried uninstalling it with no luck.

Grumpy Ol' MSgt (Ret.)

• Retired Staff
  • 3,997 posts
  • MVP
Hi angrypanda and :)

Try booting into Safe Mode and see if it is still a problem.