Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Setup.exe for Alps touch pad won't run

• Please log in to reply

jonnypalawan

jonnypalawan

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I have Toshiba M105-S3041, XP Home SP2, installed from MS installation cd. I want to disable the touchpad tap-to-click feature, so copied the ALPS TOUCH PAD DRIVER B24085B.EXE onto my harddrive from the recovery disk. It unzipped ok onto my harddrive, but running setup.exe displayed installshield for a fraction of a second, then disappeared. I performed the same operations for TOUCH PAD ENABLEDISABLE UTILITY B24087E.EXE and that was successful. Then I put in a different harddrive, loaded with the same version of XP. The Alps utility installed, and I'm able to disable the tap feature. Why does the setup program abort?

Advertisements