Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Random 'pc freeze' after using Combofix

• Please log in to reply

mai_hnf

mai_hnf

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hello,

I have a pc at home that contain thousands of malwares, and i managed to remove them, thanks to some guidance from another PC troubleshooting site. (The previous problem was, i cant open/install antivirus programs).

After removing most (if not all) of the spywares, a new problem arose just after i ran a program called Combofix. The guy from the site prepare some script in notepad and ask me to drag that .txt file into the combofix icon. Things run like no problem but at certain point, my pc freeze and need to be restarted.

After restarting the pc, this new problem emerged. U know some old pc had this 'dooo' sound coming out after pressing restart button. As i was using the pc normally (there is no slowing down or antivirus prob whatsoever), at certain point the 'dooo' sound came out and pc froze. As i restarted the pc more and more, the duration of how long can the pc hold on before the next 'dooo and freeze' decreased.

So the best time to use the pc (and carry out all fixing) is the next morning, when i can expect longest duration for the pc to hold on before 'dooo and freeze' (usually about 30 min at most). It started to emerge ever since i did the 'dragging .txt script into Combofix icon' on that day, which failed to finish and also causing the very first 'doo and freeze on this pc.

These are the specs:
-Custom Desktop
-Windows XP Professional Service Pack 2
-Intel® Pentium® 4 CPU 2.40GHz
-BIOS Award Software International, Inc. P4M266A-8235
-18.7GB QUANTUM FIREBALLlct20 20 Hard Drive
-RAM 512 MB DDR (PC3200) Kingston
-Display Adapter S3 Graphics ProSavageDDR 32 MB
-Sound Adapter VIA AC'97 Enhanced Audio Controller (WDM)
-Network Adapter VIA Rhine II Fast Ethernet Adapter (wired)

I hope this problem doesnt sound too complicated for u. Pls help me.

Edited by mai_hnf, 16 November 2011 - 08:41 PM.

Advertisements