Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Windows 7 won't boot

• Please log in to reply

mv93

mv93

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hey all, hopefully I can find some help here. I have a Dell Inspiron 1545 with Windows 7. Two days ago, I turned my laptop on and stepped away to do some work. When I came back, it had restarted for some reason and was attempting to run Startup Repair (had never done this before). AFter attempting it says "Startup repair cannot repair the system automatically" (or something similiar). When I hit "finish" it shuts down the computer.

I have hit F8 and tried to restart it in every option available and the only thing it will do is attempt to start and then go straight into Startup Repair. I made a recovery disk from another computer, went into the BIOS and changed it to boot from CD drive, it will go into the blue Dell screen without the Startup Repair box coming up, and stay there for a minute or so, then an error box comes up with Error 0X4001100200001012. When I click on the "X", the laptop shuts down.

I've done a system recovery and everything goes fine and then when I restart, it goes directly into Startup Repair, then the "Startup repair cannot repair the system automatically" message. I did the Dell DataSafe Restore & Emergency Backup option, everything went fine, it completed successfully, then when I restarted, it went straight into Startup Repair, then the "Startup repair cannot repair the system automatically" message again!!

I'm at my wits end! Any advice?

Advertisements

Macboatmaster

Macboatmaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,237 posts
It appears this problem is now being dealt with here
http://www.geekstogo...ckup-dsb-files/

on which I have posted asking mv93 to confirm.