Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Can't open DellSafe Backup .dsb files

• Please log in to reply

mv93

mv93

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Did a system recovery with Dell DataSafe Local Backup, which saved my documents, pictures, etc. into an "Emergency File and Folder Backup" folder on my desktop. Once completed, I click on the folder and it has 1 .exe file and several .dsb files. When I install the .exe file, it installs all of my folders back on my system, but all of the folders are empty. When I go into the .exe file, all of my missing files, pictures, etc are there but I can't do anything with them so I'm assuming that they are all in the .dsb files but I have no way of opening them. Any ideas? Thanks!

Advertisements

Macboatmaster

Macboatmaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,237 posts
mv93

Welcome to GeekstoGo.

1. Yesterday 16 Nov you started this thread
http://www.geekstogo...__fromsearch__1

am I correct in presuming please, that the problem there is now resolved insofar as you have used Dell recovery and NOW have this problem.
If so we can close your other thread and proceed on this one.

Macboatmaster

Macboatmaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,237 posts
mv93

It is now 9 days or so since you joined GeekstoGo and started this thread.
Have you made any progress please.
Would you please update your thread indicating if you still require help.
Thank you