Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

BSOD and Random Laptop Shutdowns

• Please log in to reply

Melvin_Deal

Melvin_Deal

• PipPip
  • 16 posts
Hi rshaffer!

I have joined here at g2g and applied for training as Malware tech. In the meantime (while I wait to see if I'm accepted for training, I thought I might give help where I can!)I will post with help on other topics as I can!

Sincerely,
-Mel
Live long and prosper!

Advertisements

Itachirumon

Itachirumon

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 77 posts
Alright, we finally got the part a few days ago and it's installed and everything seems to be working fine, it runs smooth as can be, I have to stick my head against it to hear anything.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
That is great to hear Itachirumon please let me know how everything works now.
Good luck with your application Melvin and glad to have you here.

Itachirumon

Itachirumon

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 77 posts
This is more of a hypothetical - I'm also using a cooling pad underneath the laptop, it's pretty crummy and honestly just needs replacing but it cools the center of the computer around the keyboard and where I rest my hands while I'm typing. The rub is that it was build for a 15' not a 19' so it partly covers the main cooling fan from the computer. I can get that part more or less uncovered but not all the way. So what I'm looking at is either special ordering a 19', not using the fan at all and letting the computer get warmer in that area, or staying the course if it won't hurt the new fan. Beyond that and the design issue all plastic-case HP Pavillion DV9000 share it seems like everything's working in peak condition.

Edit: to be more precise, only a small portion of the fan itself is covered and it seems like it blocks the fan and vents more to have it just on the table. I guess the thing I'm more worried about is the cooling pad throwing dust into the other ports on the undercarriage.

Edited by Itachirumon, 08 January 2012 - 02:02 PM.