Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Wireless issue with Compaq LAPTOP

• Please log in to reply

elgan

elgan

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hi,
My laptop a compaq has a wireless led light thats turns blue when active. At the moment it justs flashes blue and then amber, continuously and will not connect. I removed the HP wireless assistant but no improvement. Anyone else encounter this? The drivers are upto date & I changed the wireless card to be sure.
Any help would be appreciated because it is baffiling me.

Advertisements

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,780 posts
Hi elgan and :welcome:
This may suggest that the issue is with whatever device the laptop is attempting to connect to a wireless router for example, what are you trying to connect to and have you tried taking the laptop to another location that has wi-fi connectivity available and if so could you connect or is the issue still present.

elgan

elgan

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Yes I tried another location as well. There are other sites recommending changing the card which I did but no change.

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,780 posts
As you have changed the card already but got no improvement the issue may be with your built in antenna or the laptops actual wireless switch, does the switch appear to operate correctly?
Can you provide what model compaq the laptop is please.