Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Intel Processors - What does it all mean?

• Please log in to reply

Baldyloxxx

Baldyloxxx

• PipPip
  • 69 posts
Can someone please explain to me what all the jargon with intel processors is please? I would like to know what all the sandybridge, yorkfield crap is all about!
Also, ive seen north and south bridge when it comes to mobos. Whats it all mean? Could you either explain, or point me in the direction of somewhere that explains it simply please?

Advertisements

Digerati

Digerati

Grumpy Ol' MSgt (Ret.)

• Retired Staff
  • 3,999 posts
  • MVP
Remember, Google is your friend. So start there.

What is sandy bridge?

What is yorkfield?

What is northbridge and southbridge?

Baldyloxxx

Baldyloxxx

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 69 posts
i know, i can find all this stuff out, but im a very lazy man :-( . i like to try the eezy way first.

Digerati

Digerati

Grumpy Ol' MSgt (Ret.)

• Retired Staff
  • 3,999 posts
  • MVP

know, i can find all this stuff out, but im a very lazy man :-( . i like to try the eezy way first.

Not cool. We are here to help people help themselves. Not to cater to lazy people. So look it up yourself, then if you have a specific question about something you don't understand, ask a specific question and maybe someone will help.

Digerati

Digerati

Grumpy Ol' MSgt (Ret.)

• Retired Staff
  • 3,999 posts
  • MVP
Understand we are all volunteers here. We are here to help people with their problems but our time is limited. So we don't want it wasted, nor do we deserve for it to be wasted.