Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Dell insporon 6400 wont turn on

• Please log in to reply

kit-kat17

kit-kat17

• Pip
  • 3 posts
okay my dell insporon 6400 1st started turning on but the monitor wasent coming then only the power light whould come on and it whouldent shut off atless i took the battery out and unplugged it
then it was turn on and off all light caps lock number lock etc light volume and video contorl lights on the front all keep flashing the fan seemed be trying to come on too no monitor action still
then it whouldent turn on at all
now it comes on for 2 sec only the caps lock num lock wifi etc lights come on but the fan monitor everything else including to blue lights up front for volume control and play stop pause etc isent turning on at all

Edited by kit-kat17, 20 November 2011 - 04:18 PM.

Advertisements

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,762 posts
Hi kit-kat17 and :welcome:
Can you try the following and then post back with the results;
1: Try removing the battery and powering up with only the AC adapter connected, what happens?
2: Try running with only the battery in place and the Ac adapter disconnected, what happens.

kit-kat17

kit-kat17

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
the same thing thats been happening for both ways the power caps lock wifi light etc comes on no fan it dosent seem no monitor

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,762 posts
Hi kit-kat17
I will be off line for a few hours now due to other commitments but I will check back later, another member or a member of Staff may meanwhile offer you assistance.
At this time I would not attempt to boot up the laptop as it sounds like the CPU fan may have failed and that a thermal sensor may be shutting the system down to protect it, specifically the processor.
Some questions for your next reply, has the laptop suffered any overheating issues in the past, could the CPU fan be heard running before this happened and if so was it noisy in any way and has the inside of the case ever been cleaned out of heat trapping dust?