Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

No P.O.S.T. beep; Monitor gets no signal

• Please log in to reply

Timothy Dara

Timothy Dara

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hello, I just bought and recieved a iBUYPOWER Gamer EXTREME 923i from Newegg
( http://www.newegg.co...N82E16883227370 )

I tried to boot the computer up (as it comes loaded with drivers and OS already) but met with problem when I did not hear a POST beep and my Monitor did not receive a signal.

What I know:
- Checked every plug, every thing is solidly plugged in
- Tested both (4GBx2) RAM, without ram (no post beep either); with one RAM (interchangeably), nothing from that either.
- The GPU, PSU, LEDs, Fans work; they all respond and turn on
- I tested the monitor on another computer (with another video-card) and it worked

I think it may be a faulty motherboard.. If so, what now?

Update:
22 Nov. 2011
9:55PM:
- I should also add that I tried both the Powercolor Radeon HD 6770 DVI & VGA plugs, then tried the integrated VGA plugs - no avail, still not a POST sound.
- There was two boots where when I turned it on (fans responded, as well as LEDs) it turned off right afterwards.
10:11PM:
- I tried unplugging everything from the motherboard; RAM, HDD, Optical drives.

Attached Thumbnails

• Gextreme.PNG

Edited by Timothy Dara, 23 November 2011 - 12:12 AM.

Advertisements

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Contact NewEgg and ask for a technician to assist you as thy system will have a warranty on it and thye should be able to assist you with worry of voiding the warranty. If they cannot fix it then they are responsible for repair or replacement since you just got it as you stated. :thumbsup: