Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Help! Internet wireless connection "connects" but no inter

• Please log in to reply

ILoveKnowledge

ILoveKnowledge

• PipPip
  • 13 posts
Hi all! I was installing a software on my other laptop (it had SQL software with it) and I ran into some trouble as I got error problems that the installation of the software had failed and now whatever I do, I can't access the web! Sure enough, my wireless connection connects successfully and it indicates that I am on the "Internet" but every time I try to use either firefox or internet explorer to go to a web site, it says I don't have a connection. It is extremely odd and I don't know what it might be...

Hopefully someone can help me out with this. Thank you ahead of time for your assistance.

Advertisements

ILoveKnowledge

ILoveKnowledge

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
thanks but I solved my issue. someone advised me to do a tcp/ip reset and I did so :)

Digerati

Digerati

Grumpy Ol' MSgt (Ret.)

• Retired Staff
  • 3,999 posts
  • MVP
I am glad you were able to resolve your own problem but appreciate you posting back with the solution as that may help others with the same problem. Thanks! :thumbsup: