Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Windows XP & IE8 stability

• Please log in to reply

repeater1

repeater1

• Pip
  • 5 posts
I am running XP along with I.E. 8 I notice when I get to the net that the screen is about 2/3 width. I can make it full screen but as often as not it does not stay that way. Any ideas as to what my problem might be.
Thanks

Advertisements

Troy

Troy

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 8,841 posts
Hello and sorry for the delay. Are you saying that "the net" (I am assuming this to be Internet Explorer v8, correct me if I'm wrong) changes by itself from full-screen to windowed mode?

Cheers

repeater1

repeater1

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
Thanks for your reply.

Yes when I open the internet using IE8 the screen usually is only about 2/3 screen width. I can click on the expand button on the top right of the screen to make it become full width but most of the time it takes several
tries before it sticks to full width. I am not sure if this is a IE8 problem or if it is a known incombatibilty between XP and IE8.

Troy

Troy

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 8,841 posts
I have not heard of this issue before. Also can I ask does this only happen with IE8? Does it happen with Explorer windows as well? (i.e. if you open the "My Pictures" folder, for example) What about programs such as Notepad?

You sure got me scratching my head!

repeater1

repeater1

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
Troy
Thanks for your reply.
My main system just got a virus and I need to rebuild it. Once I have it up & runiing I'll get back to you.

repeater1

repeater1

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
Troy

Got my system up and running again.
My problem has disappeared so I assume the rebuilding took care of it
Thanks for you reply

Ralph